Saturday, August 02, 2008

Camera

Phooey.
I have put my camera down somewhere.
Oh well.
I'm certain that it is here at home. I remember looking at it one day, and thinking that it was a really good idea I had, to put an address sticker right on it in case I lost it.
(As if any one would return such a thing, right?)
I didn't take it to Lassen.
I didn't take it to Van Nuys.
I did take it to David and Heather's wedding but I've already posted pictures of such, and so, obviously I had it then.
We bought a new dishwasher at Lowes this Spring. (trust me, these stories are related)
They had a special promotion; free installation, free delivery, $100.00 rebate, and
a $75.00 gift card.
I put the Gift Card in a safe place.
A place where I would know where it was when I needed it, I'm sure.
They're just like cash, don't you know, and since I didn't want to 'squander' it in the 'oh-so-enticing' Garden Department, but use it for a new front door, or paint for the kitchen, etc,
I set it aside where I would keep it until such a project rolled around on the calender.
Mom's birthday is in late September.
We need a new Front Door.
We should take the IVY wallpaper down from the kitchen, and get a new overhead light fixture.
The camera ran away with the gift card.
They are hiding from me, and laughing at me, together.

4 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

You finally posted! You should post more, because we miss you. :)

Your gift card, your camera, my necklace and a few of my other lost items as well as my MIL's hearing aid batteries are all having a secret party and we aren't invited.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Glenda Conner said...

LOL, sounds like a "senior moment" to me there honey. Maybe Bobby and Lily are playing tricks!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "stop blogging", how will we help you find your camera!!? Joyce

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice denouement! :-) but i do hope your camera gives itself up soon.

mmh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home