Saturday, February 09, 2008

Pruning

I sorta wish I'd taken a 'before' photo...oh well, the result is the same anyway.
I was far behind in my deadwood clearing. Both front and back yards. It's been so beautiful outside lately, and warm. Not a day to spend inside like we've had to do the last few wet and freezing weekends. A sure sign of Spring, that gardening feeling...until you find a dead crow under all of the overgrowth. Are we still supposed to report them? What disease was it? I can't remember.
It seems like only yesterday that I'd moved all of my schifflera indoors, and my gardenia, which I'm not sure needs coddling, I just would hate to lose it. They are all in the way in the dining room, but if Puxatawny Phil is as prophetic as I've heard, I'll wait a few more weeks.
Two Bayer Aspirin and a pot of coffee later...
Today started out earlier than usual. Do you ever make a comment that you wished you could un-say? All turned out well of course, it's just that Saturday is the only day of the week that I don't have to get out of bed by 6:30am. I cherish that little bit of luxury, knowing that I have absolutely no need to get up right away.
Last Tuesday at Seven Hills Breakfast I was reminicing about the waffles we'd had at breakfast at Coyle's house. ( he is unable to get waffles made in any restaurant to his liking ) "Lets do it again this Saturday morning! Lets invite the Jensens too!"
sigh.
As on Tuesdays, we were there by 8:30am. It was a lovely time and ended up being a good thing after all as it got us out and done with all of our errands before noon. We'd left You-Know-Who at home alone and he let us know just how much he thought of us when we came back.
Poor doggie.

3 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

Pruning is my favorite part of gardening lol. Other than seeing the blooms and new growth that is! :)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

So happy the job is done in time for Monday Morning Pick Up.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

He must have been miffed! After all he knows Saturdays. Come prune my garden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home