Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ivy In Ihe Window and The Hidden Village

I did take a picture IOI! It's been too cold to do anything in the morning in the garden before work this week, so no cutting yet. I also have to wipe up the debris the stem left behind...a sticky, sappy stuff.


We have busy day today. After all of our errands I want to get to Idyllwild to see the snow before the snow is gone! It's high time for our annual winter drive to the mountains. I'll take Mom and Ladybug up to the Hidden Village for supper tonight. Mom has been collecting dimes for forever and today we'll cash them in at the coin bank and have a nice chinese meal.
Well. The snow was all gone! Only piles of black, crusty stuff. pooh.
Oh well. Maybe next year. I had hoped it was still very much there as we'd had an unexpected cold snap Thursday, and lots of cold rain, even snow. Friday was clear, bright, and warm, I should have known.
We arrived in Idyllwild by 5:00pm and the restaurant was nearly empty. We were tucked in a corner away from the door and had a very pleasant evening. The food was exceptional, of course. We all loved the tangy Scechwan Scallops the best. (we should have ordered two plates!) We also had Corn/Egg Flower Soup, Tangerine Beef, and Lemon Chicken.
By the time we were ready to go at a little after 6:00 the restaurant was full with folks waiting (in the way) at the door. Mom forget her purse in the restroom and the Hyundai that arrived after we did had parked too close, so while I pulled my car out and over, Ladybug did a quick and chilly restroom run.
Such an un-classy, almost tacky facade and yet obviously a popular and well loved place.

5 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger ioi said...

Thank you for the picture! 'Kindof looks like the little plant thought to 'blend in' with the nice green wall. :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Never heard of the place in Idylwilde. Is it fairly new?

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

I don't think it's a new place...Fred introduced it to us years ago as a 'whole evening' drive and dine event. We like to make a group of it once in a while; Doug and Rose come from the other side. It's a little pricey but very worth the $$$-- no platters full of mostly vegetables and all the same seasoning

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

The scallops were wonderful. We ate all the rice in the covered rice bowl...you know, the sticky kind that holds all those wonderful juices so well.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh, I'm so jealous!!! I've never found another Chinese food place as good and the one here in Walla Walla is a joke! It's hardly even Chinese food. My favorite thing is the hot and sour soup. Someday I would like to have all I can eat of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home