Monday, January 21, 2008

David and Heather's Wedding Shower 1/19/2008

photos of the shower
I wonder if this will work. It's a link to Martha's webshots albums.
(I'm sure she'd like the company) Nope. Won't work...you need a password & username, sorry.
We had a wonderful day. The Lord was good, we had almost 75 attend...at least for one head-count mid-way through the afternoon.
Everything went like clock-work. 'Many hands make light work' as the Amish saying goes. I so enjoy the team effort!
We served that wonderful little salad made from baby greens, with pears, feta, candied pecans, balsamic. Always a hit. The girls had fun making them en-masse (as you'll see) and were amazed at how good it was, such a simple combination of flavors. I really think they were surprised at the compliments they received!
Citrus Grilled Chicken ala 'Jean Poullet', Green Beans with Butter & Almonds, Roasted Red Potatoes with Olive Oil & Thyme, Crusty French Bread, and a sweet finish...Blueberry Pomegranate Sorbet.
Or Coconut.
Or Lemon.
Or all three.
David came from Pittsburgh especially for the day. The wedding isn't until March first.
I'll see some bridesmaids at my shop tomorrow for some alterations and then it's off to Samurai Steve for sushi! I hope they have fresh white albacore on the sashimi menu! I've had it once before and it's so delicious.
Today was a long, slow day at work so I came home an hour early.

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

I don't think we can see the photos unless we sign into facebook and are friends with Martha?

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Can't see the pics. Email me the password, please.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Thanks! The food looks wonderful by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home