Friday, October 19, 2007

Haleakala & ZipLine

webshots

Well.
We made it home in one piece.
It took some convincing but she did it, the whole thing.
You'll see a shot of her praying.
Whether for protection or for new friends, we're not sure. She met a kindred spirit, a honeymooner named Connie.
It was a total blast. I think she had fun. She phoned home right away to let Ern know she was on the ground again. And forever after on the ground, from now on.

The drive up to the summit of Haleakala was about 45 minutes from the ZipLine. We passed some cyclers, two to be exact, going UP! Lots going down, only two going up. When we were ready to get going back down they both arrived at the summit. It turns out that his daughter was having a birthday cake and party for him at the top to celebrate his 70th today!

5 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

Except for Turkey's hair color, you guy's haven't changed a bit. Looks like genuine 100% authentically pure fun.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

WOW! I think that I would have been more afraid of that bridge then the zip line.....well .... maybe! At least you can head back and relax with some Kona coffee and some chocolate macadamia nut clusters mmm yum at least that's what I would do!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

She didn't look that scared. I think you were having a fright, though!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I hope I can do that again someday, maybe in Hawaii! It was snowing when we did it in Whistler and it was so beautiful.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think I was going to suggest you forgo Haleakala because it was such a long drive. Will you need to take time off to rest from your vacation? Love, Mom
P.S. I have sunburned knees because chuggy has me out sitting in the sun every morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home