Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Maui Hair

webshots

It's Tuesday and we have had a busy morning. Shunshine and I had appointments at a hair salon to do our Maui Hair. First we went to an 'Island Orientation' at a nearby restaurant which was just a half hour of hard-sell for all the tours and packages. We ate our little pancakes with coconut syrup and skipped out early.
I discovered I'd lost the ($75.00 deposit) room key right off. Yay.
We drove way back up to Kahalui (where the airport is) to the salon only to find out that they weren't able to do what we wanted, treated us like low-brow tourists, and had overbooked. We left.
I looked again through my bag for the key. The day wasn't going well. I was feeling really stupid and prayed that the Lord would help me find that key.
Wandering back to Kehei, we discovered a little salon right by a Taco Bell.
''Sherry' was able to fit us both in right away, me for 'wrapped & beaded', Shunshine, for highlights.
While one of us was in the chair, the other went next door to a fabulous bead and jewelry store. Tons of shell and jade necklaces, abalone, coral, wood carving, seeds of all kinds! What a place to spend alot of money. I emptied my bag again.
I picked up some sushi at FoodLand and we drove back to the condo by 1:00pm.
Louie wanted to know if I knew where my room key was? Duh, I'd left it in the door. They discovered it when the went out to walk to the lobby for bagels. sigh.
Thank you, Lord.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

Hee Hee! I know the feeling. Having too much fun to remember things like keys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home