Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mom's Bathroom Renovation

Those glass doors always worried me.
They were the reason I started this whole project.
What if she fell on them?
What if she grabbed them to pull herself up and they fell on her?
I know they were probably tempered glass, but they were also as old as the house.
The first thing John did was remove the 24" doorway. How could anybody think that was wide enough?
She could hardly walk through without bumping and with her walker it was even worse.
Here you have a true view of how narrow it was.

John is trying to fit in the Super Fan.
He found that the roof line didn't accomodate our purchase.
Oh, well. Isn't that how it goes with these things?
He cut and cut and cut until he had enough room.

We are spending alot of time at LOWES.
And alot of $$$.
The first thing on the list is non-moldy dry wall stuff.
Then we got wall vinyl that looks like tile.
Then a new light fixture, fan, paint, liquid nails(lots & lots), faucet, switches, etc.
Then all of the accoutrements.
And now it's all done.

4 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the bathroom is all done. Gramma really needed that. It looks great.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I think JJ did a great job with your $$$. The "dorky" light bulbs look like flower centers to me. Kinda.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

I'm so pleased and grateaful for all the helps: bar grips at the corners, a wider door to grab to help me get around and the sparkling new walls and fixtures to go with the new sink.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Wow! I didn't realize you had done so much. It looks good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home