Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jan's Jasmine Bower


This is how I start my day.
I mean, officially after my walk and after I make coffee, then my day really begins.
I'm good at delayed gratification, I guess. I think about that first steaming cup as I get out if bed at 6:00am. Coffee is off in the future by at least an hour, but it is a reason to get up in the morning,
I'm usually home by 7:00am. It's so fresh and quiet out at that time, except for the morning traffic, the school kids, and the road crews.
I try to take Elizabeth Elliot's advice and use the time for prayer. She said once that she found she spent more time 'wool gathering' if she prayed on her knees first thing in the morning, so she walks and talks with the Lord outside.
It's a good time to marvel at God's grace, His creation, His patience with mankind. It's also a good time to spread my thoughts out, to really consider what I want to ask the Lord about, what I want Him to do, what I want Him to help me do.
Then, when I get home I release Bobby, hang up my jacket and bag, fill the kettle, and set up the coffee grounds and filter.
I make only two cups; one for me and one for Mom. We sit on the patio and greet the day together. I love my Mom.

8 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is my brother's birthday...He would have been 73, but the Lord took him home at only 48. I used to wonder why he did not have to go to school on his birthday, and finally realized it was a holiday.

This is also Matthan's Birthday, too. That little man has been walking quite a while now.

Your pictures of our patio are great. The dove family came back as soon as you put your camera away. The humming birds are busy with the jasmine, even though the blossoms are not red.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Hey! I beat you up! What a coincidence - you blogging about your walk and getting up early. Check my blog today (may 30). And I didn't read your blog first! It must be the weather. It's going to be 28 today.What is it about coffee in the AM?

Beautiful flowers,but I like the coffe cup one best.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

awwwwwww.... such a great mom and grandma. And check out your jasmine! It's going nuts. Good thing you're not allergic because I know it must smell wonderful.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger familymclean said...

Yes I think it is jeweled. Where would I wear it, who knows, I would have to have a party of some sort to celebrate it. Don't think I could breast feed in it though. MAybe in a year or two. I think I would feel like a princess!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Your patio is such an inviting place. Da likes the driveway here so there is not much incentive to work on making our patios inviting. Ah, such pathos.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger ~*This Mama*~ said...

Such lovely flowers..and a lovely way to start the day.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Where are you? And what are you doing?

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard you are going to Maui!! i just went last month. Its awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home