Saturday, April 28, 2007

Moving Day At Last

Packing up the shop of 17 years took some doing. I scavenged about 20 boxes from the recycle dumpster. Not enough. My helper client Norma brought 10 more. Still not enough. I ended up taking anything at all (that was dry) also from the dumpster.
I was so thankful for all of the help. My Farmer's Corner neighbor, Tom Thompson, offered to let us use his truck and trailer. I thought we would just borrow it but, he said he would come help, too! We did need to make two trips as the boxes were all little and so we couldn't make much of a 'battlement' on the flat-bed. Most of this is fabric, a little is machines, thread, tools, paperwork stuff. Some if it is junk that I'd forgotten about. We asked if we could use another adjacent unit to store stuff while we built counters and partitions. Good thing. It's alot.

4 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I had no idea you had so much STUFF at the shop. I can't wait to try my hand at organizing it all!

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not time to rest, yet...just a cat-nap today...jump in with both feet tomorrow...open again for business on Tuesday, May 1, with coffee, tea and goodies for my customers, friends and family in the afternoon.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Yaeh! You're almost done! Call me when the cookies are ready!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

Waiting anxiously for the big blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home