Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Bare Bones of It

I asked SAJ and Jensen to come to take measurements yesterday. We had a major brainstorm session. We thought out loud and we pondered. We arranged things in our heads, on paper, (this way? that way?) and then switched it all around. Definitely thinking outside the box. SAJ is so good at that. She does all kinds of mental gymnastics and even though (she knows) it all needs to pass the 'how will it affect the client' test, she's willing to hash it around for hours!
Bro.Jensen? He just wants the final measurements. How much lumber will I need? Which means I have to make up my mind...
Will the work counter be better here, or there? or over there? He will build it however I want. I deal with this broadness of possibility with my clients all the time. I like to give two, maybe three options so as to not overwhelm with choices. Now the shoe is on the other foot!
I think I have the best configuration in my mind now. That is, until tomorrow.
On the lighter side, as we were laying down the measuring tape here and there, one of us would hold it down (usually with a foot) while one would check the numbers. We had done this numerous times when we noticed that little Miss was following us about 'stamping' on the measureing tape! She is getting very observant and loves to mimic. And explore. And comment. What a joy.

4 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll leave the figuring to those who know what they are doing. I'll just concentrate on the celebration tea/coffee on the first. I can do that.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

How exciting!~ Can't wait til it's done. Can I come to your celabration?

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

Hee hee! I can't wait to see the plan you're going with. It's going to work. There's just so much potential to that place. And if it doesn't, that's fun too. I love rearranging.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger familymclean said...

Congrats on the move! I hope you settle in painlessly! It looks like a great space. Can't wait to see how it turns out! I sure wish I could just stop in on you sometimes, I miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home