Friday, February 23, 2007

Look What I Found!

I was looking for a pretty wall fountain, have been for a few years. I wanted one that was self contained, not attached to a hose or any other water because we are up-hill from the condo next door and the drainage would seep into their garage. (this patio wall is their garage wall, too) The erosion and shifting of soil over the years has made our row of homes leak into each other so we try to be careful.
This one takes about two gallons of water and re-circulates it over and over.
It has a little 10 watt bulb in the pool so it lights up at night.
Or during the day if you like.
Now I just need to hook it up!
We'll need to string an all- weather electrical conduit anyway, there are no sockets on that wall. I'll try to hide it in the ivy when there's more of it.
Isn't it beautiful how the ivy is already covering the side? Very old style, yet brand new! It even has cracks and ancient mouldy stains!
We'll have our own Old World Italian Garden!
Mom already is looking forward to spending the morning out here with her coffee and Bobby.

8 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I love the sound of running water and that fountain is perfect for that spot. Good for you for waiting til you found just the right one. Our running water sound is absent so far this year--not enough rain to make the river out back flow well.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

I love that fountain! Great choice, and it really goes well with the wall and ivy.

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

smashing :)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger ioi said...

Beautiful! Where did you find it?

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Looking good! Keep us posted on updates to the garden.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

Aha!! I found it at LOWES! Dahber says I'm 'wicked' because I convinced the garden manager to give me a deal as this particular one had no box/price/or identical mate for me to buy. And it was broken. (the little meshy screen thingy for the pool at the bottom was loose.) He had to invent a price and then took 50% off.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger familymclean said...

We don't have Lowes here, too bad cuz I have been looking for a fountain like your's for a few years now....I'll have to check online. It look's awsome!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger HotRodHanna said...

That is a REALLY cool fountain! Great find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home