Monday, February 26, 2007

Home Depot Days

We thought we'd stop to get a few things.
I still needed to buy the concrete mix for the patio steps railing,
clamps, nozzles, and blooms.
Chuggy met us inside and we did our 'indoor' shopping first. Chugs bravely resisted the allure of the Garden Department, purposely going out the front doors without looking back.
Good for her! There is never a lack of delightful and fragrant possibilities out there.
As we were searching for potted dill, LadyBug snuck up on us and gave me a big hug!
SURPRISE!
She was there re-planning her demolished garden too.
There were no drive-around buggies available for the first half hour but then we saw one heading out to the parking lot so we shamelessly followed her. The kind lady dropped a pot as she was unloading and we felt bad.
It was only Fountain Grass and so it was no worse for wear.
Sad, really, because we were trying SO hard not to be pushy, walking far back. Rapunzel then drove us back inside.
When we finally got Gramma into it, she was so very grateful.
These always make her shopping day nicer, and much less tiring.
I think I'll try a coral-to-peach flower palette this year, with a little dark purple to accent. Last year we had pale yellow, dark yellow, and white...it was so sweet and gentle.

It's a wonder that there is any room in there for Gramma!
(Move over, Bobby!)

3 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

Well, you are one step ahead of me! I have been out to the flower beds and pulled weeds, cleared out debris and made room for the shoots coming up (iris, daffodil, tulip, crocus and a few others are out there somewhere) but I haven't bought anything new yet. The flower beds are really basic, with grasses and bushes, so they don't need much.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Plant some periwinkle for me! Looks like you're having fun. Wish I was there...to supervise.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger familymclean said...

I wish our snow would melt! I think I have a few months to go though;)
The coral and purple sound pretty, I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home