Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!


I know, I know!
No need to remind me that I am a whine-y Californian...change the weather two degress and I curl up and die!
Oh, the pain!
The indignity!
The work involved in restoring my beloved, tiny, (warm, sunny, southwest) patio.
(Which is actually on the northeast side)

We had two errands to do before 8:00am today. Mom needed to get her blood-work done and Bobby needs his Rabies/Distemper/Parvo vaccines. Pretty risky to ask non-morning-person me to do this, you know. There was a probability I would drop the wrong senior citizen off at the wrong doctor.
"How did it go, Mom?"
"Woof!"


Mom has re-started her loom afghans.
It's so nice to cuddle up with a crazy patchwork blanket like this.
I rememeber her making these for as long as I can remember.
Bobby claims anything that is on the floor, as you can see.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger familymclean said...

He is so cute! I hope the weather gets better for your sake. Being cold is no fun! Though I can see you have some beautiful blankets to keep you warm.Happy Valentines Day;)

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Bobbie is very helpful..right bnow he's cuddled in his bed behind the weeping fig tree, sleeping off the indignity of his shots this morning.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

How many of these have you made? I'm still working on my first crazy patchwork.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

I can't wait to have enough scraps of my own to start one of those blankets. Maybe I need to sneak around Knittery Kate's house some day while she is out picking up someone or buying pizza or running errands and snitch some of hers for my own. She has boxes and boxes of yarn, so somewhere in there should be a garbage bag of yarn skein ends!

Although I am more likely to just go out and buy matching clashing yarn so that my blanket would clash in an organized way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home