Sunday, January 21, 2007

Frozen Patio


I hope, by now, that the strange cold-snap is finally over.
We lost so many of our favorite plants!
This is what's left of a very large Jade plant. It used to be about four feet across and three feet high. So lush and oriental looking. Gone for good, as you can see.
I bought a pony-pack of pansies to console me and remind me that Spring in California can't be far off.

After the third night of below freezing weather, I brought every single plant inside off the patio.
We (used to) have about 10 hanging spider plants. No more.
I was able to save most, clipping and clearing out frozen/slimy leaves.

This one didn't make it.
The dining room started to reek after two weeks.
I filled several grocery sacks with debris.


Our naked patio.
We'll start re-potting and planting soon.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger familymclean said...

Can't say I feel your pain, it has been -20C here for the last few weeks. The car sounds funny when it starts, we have to use winter gas(with anti-freeze in it) and plug it in at night! Spider plants dont even grow outside in the summer....sorry I shouldn't rub it in, but I would love to have your weather so I could take the kids out for a walk;)It is SOOOO cold here!!!!!
Anna

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger The Chatty Housewife said...

Aww... your poor plants! It is actually sad losing plants, because they have been with you for so long and you have taken care of them!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

A clean slate! What fun! Plant some geraniums for me,k?

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger HotRodHanna said...

It looks like a jungle in there!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home