Tuesday, December 19, 2006

How did I do?

video!


This man walks into my shop in late October.
He asks me if I can make any dress he'd want.
"Within reason." I said.
"My wife is a fan of the pop singer Paula Cole. Her favorite music video is 'I don't want to wait.'
"Can you make the dress on that video? Can you make it a surprise?" "Let me look at the video, and I'll get back to you." I had to find the video on-line, watch it, and guess alot. Which fabric/color? What were her measurements? (Size 12-14 he said. Sigh) How tall is she? (6 feet, 140lbs. That sounds about right) Why can't I ever get a decent look at the details...the silly girl won't hold still long enough for me to get a good look. Flailing about. Rolling around on the floor. Jumping and spinning. The pause button can only do so much.
Why can't I ever see these women? Can't you bring me a blouse or a skirt so I can be sure?
After trying about four different patterns and three different fabrics, I settled on a beautiful sheer chiffon knit, stretch lace and serged every possible edge.


Who's that in the mirror?

I finished it yesterday.
I think I have the jabot tied too high. I'll lower it before he comes today.
He wants to see it before I Christmas gift wrap it for him.
(non-gift wrapping male. Extra $20.00)

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger HotRodHanna said...

You are a master craftswoman- an artist! The dress looks really nice.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

I want to see it on a model! I know you can't.... but I bet it flows beautifully.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

Actually, six foot KLB did try it on in the back room at meeting.

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Non-gift-wrapping male might be difficult (and worth $20 extra), but what a thoughtful present for him to get her! Looks good, too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home