Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sweet Suki

Recently a client brought me a chambray 'country-western' jacket to shorten. The challenge was that the entire front was made up of 1" fabric strips woven in a basket weave.
Each intersection was decorated with a 1/2" 'jewel' that had to be removed. After taking off about 20 gems, I thought of a little girl who likes her 'BLING'. When shopping with her she is always drawn toward the glitzy and the twinkly. The next time I went to Ross I looked for something workable as her birthday was coming up soon.

I found this little jeans jacket and it already had lots of brads and studs on the front and the collar.
I added the ones I'd collected, a few little dangling people we had wandering around, some tiny pink pierced earrings, and voila! A favorite gift! ,

I also found this extra soft boucle' sweater at Ross for $3.99! A present from Great-Gramma.
Modeling both at the same time. She wore the jacket to Sunday School.
The birthday girl and her wonderful mom. For more on the party, go to Camp Chaos, and then click on SuperChic for a slide show!

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! I hope she likes them. If not send all to me and I'll wear them. I love denim and red is my color.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time could I see a before and after pic!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I see the antique necklace, too. don't think we could fit Kate into those clothes, could we?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home