Monday, November 06, 2006

Recent (and not so recent) Projects

The Big Pillows are GONE!!! Yippee! (see 10/12; the most frustrating part of my job) Check went in the bank Saturday. I was beginning to feel like I was working in a wide spot of a Corn Maze, or an Obstacle Course. Or a Flea Market. And I was letting the clutter-containment part of my job get away from me, thinking "What's the use?" Now I can see my way clear to the back. Now I have room and can tell it's been a long time since I vacuumed. Also, I was beginning to stack & pile projects. Not a good sign. I can't tell what order the work is in if things are spread out all over.
This is the back view of a 'Belle' Halloween costume from Beauty and the Beast. She actually brought me only an un-colored coloring book page. "I want it just like this only with lots of lace, buttons all over the skirt swags, draped up the back and very, very short. Oh yeah, and it's all-over yellow. Can you make gloves to match?" (gloves?) She was bewildered when, after I tried to draw it, to understand the concept, it "Didn't look anything like the Disney Movie!" Big sigh. Getting into people's heads (read; teenager's) to pull out their ideas and put them in fabric is often challenging. Sometimes not.
She and 'The Beast" had a spat and broke-up the day before the party. Oh well. I think they called a truce for the sake of it. Praise for the resilience of Young Love. She promised me a picture of them both at the party.

6 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Yikes! I hope she didn't have a big boombosity to go with the dress?

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to add MORE crinoline so she could have lots and lots of extra boombossity! Go figure. The real problem was that she had nothing up-top and when I asked her to remove her AA so I could get a closer fit, she came with it! Ooops.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

Where do the legs go?

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

Well, I think it looks very Belle-ish.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

What a challenge to work with ideas in peoples' minds! No, thank-you! Just give me a piece of paper and a pencil and a lot of math figures and I'll go to work.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home