Friday, November 03, 2006

My Best Friend, Mickey Mouse, & Me

Our times together are always too short.
She came out West with her family to spend some time in the sun.
Only for a week and right in the middle of a busy time for me.
We only got one day together so we made it last!
I drove in to Les and Marion's after Gospel; hit a little traffic and made it by 10:30 p.m. Didn't get to sleep until after midnight, of course.
A really good way to get the blood going! Thunder Mountain Railway first thing in the morning. There were no crowds! It was a Monday and after school had started. We made all of the high ticket rides as soon as we could and meandered the rest of the day. Though the Haunted Mansion was closed for Halloween decorating, Matterhorn for some other reason, we still found plenty to do. Ern is such a good sport! He'd never been before and was willing to let the 'local' map out the day.
Stayed to watch the parade and left at closing-8:00 p.m..
I miss her. She has been my friend since we met in 1978.
My Best Friend for over 25 years.
Truly amazing, truly a gift from God.
This is the picture I put on my dresser, in a frame that she gave me for my birthday this year. It's engraved with the words;
Who wouldn't want to be us?

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

All that jammed into one day...and night.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

I totally want to be you guys!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

What a treasure--to have a best friend for so long! So glad you could be with her for that one day.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger ioi said...

Best Friends are precious! They're few and far between. I'm glad you guys had such a good time together.
BTW, now I really need to post...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home