Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Japan

Walt and Anna sent these photos to me today.
They are sitting in the Fujishiro's living room, in Yokohama, Japan.
I wanted you to see this photo first
because...
I'm in the other. There I am in the back row with my hand on sister Fujishiro's shoulder in 1978!
(Click on the photo for a closer look.)
Walt collected a few photos from the 'Fujishiro Photo Album' when he and his dear wife visited the assemblies there recently. Mr. Fujishiro is beside her, under the clock. Chiye Yamanaka is on the left end of the second row, black blouse & big smile.
Tomezo is three from the right on the front row, red tie.
Brother Takashima is on the right end of the first row. He was the one who met me at the train station the first time I came. He suggested I stay still and he would find me in the crowd, instead of the other way around. Go figure.
As Walt and Anna know now themselves, you pose for a lot of pictures when you go there!
It was a very happy time for me, adventurous, reminiscent, memorable.

5 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

So you visited there after you lived there? I'd like to go someday...

p.s. don't worry about the sludgies! I didn't expect your help at all. And besides you DID help me, remember you sewed the thing!

But guess what? I'm coming back this weekend maybe I can come over and pink. (what a funny verb) I'm not sure what day for sure yet... either Friday or Saturday

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

It sure brings back memories. The group in the second pic were so loving and kind.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how he was able to spot you? Your height?

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

Sachiko Yamanaka is in the top row second from the right. She's now in Oakland Assembly. One of those dear sisters came to visit me in Hayama when I broke my leg and was in a cast. At that time I could not understand any Japanese. She did not understand any English. So, we each got out our Bibles and were able to communicate showing each other chapter and verse. This was quite an undertaking for her for she had to take one train from Tsunashima in Yokohama, to another station in Yokohama, then a train to Zushi station. From there she had to catch the Nagai bus to our stop at Hayama and walk back toward Kamakura on the beach road. I don't know how she ever found our house. I'm ashamed to say I do not remember her name. This was the same route we took to Breaking of Bread in Yokohama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home