Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Thinking


I've always liked this shot. It could be in Lancaster County. I am practicing uploading photos.

I have a lot on my plate these days...first, I am car-shopping. Decided against the Honda Civic. Bucket seats are too deep, hard to climb out of, and the speedometer is digital; flashes right in your face at (my) eye level. (No 'shorty' comments, please) Am leaning toward a Toyota Corolla, the same as I have now. The new ones are fine!! Dealer wants me to get an 'S' which is their top-of-the-line, of course...it has alloy(?) wheels, sun-roof, leather trim, Lo-Jack, two 12volt outlets, A/C, CD player, cruise. I could go on. My job now is to get the three local dealers to duke it out about their terrible interest rates. 7%I'm sure!! That's not happening! I've got two down to 6.5% and 6.39%. I'm in no hurry, it's the fed/interest-rate that concerns me. And the fact that Toyota doesn't have to budge; the cars are selling like hotcakes because of the gas crunch.
Next, I am planning to go on a teaching expedition. Will and Sue Hayhoe have asked me to come to St.Thomas next week to teach their older daughter Caroline how to sew! How fun is that? I will be blogging every day so Mom can keep up with me while I'm gone.
She'll stay with B&B. Their anniversary is that weekend. They plan to be gone overnight so it is a good thing to have Gramma there, supervising the restless natives, (0r ringing the half-time bell)

6 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you! This is very cool and I've had fun going to your links. I've read Katz, Jailgy and Gramma's...I'll let them know I'm here. I'm thinking of trying to get my sisters in law to start doing this since we are all over the map...a project for after school starts, maybe.
Thought you might like to hear a little about your adorable great nephew who we get to admire when he brings grandpa and grandma to meeting. One Wed night a couple of weeks ago, he provided some great comic relief during a dissertation on the stakes in Solomon's temple, when he borrowed g'pas glasses for awhile...too cute. Of course the people who sit in front of him wondered why our row suddenly decided to laugh at them during mtg, since we usually don't. I think that they will have to get used to it...L is a ham! He has a smile for everyone...such a sweetie!
BTW, I recognize today's picture and I know it wasn't in Lancaster cty, but I see what you mean! oooh it was hot that day! Kinda like the last few weeks around here lately...hmmmm...maybe because it's the same place and time of year...
Also, just fyi or point of interest or whatever, my brother sells Toyotas in Klamath Falls now!

I don't have a clever screen name figured out yet...so will just sign off as anna.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Sir said...

Hey, I recognize that picture. :)

The records assure me that it only topped out at 99 degrees, but it sure felt like 120. Maybe my attire added 20 degrees?

-J

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

That hat actually came from Lancaster county! T thought I was bringing him a cowboy hat from my trip to PA and so really wasn't interested. Thought someone at the wedding would be like it.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

Hey CanadianProgrammer...I think your heart was beating fit to burst that day, maybe the added blood rushing in your system helped, eh?

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Sir said...

I think it was terror... understandable, I suppose when you consider the family I was about to become associated with. ;)
-J

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I recognize that picture, too. It used to be in MY camera. Glad you liked it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home