Monday, August 21, 2006

Lordsday

I know, it's Monday...I just haven't had a minute to catch up until tonight. I'll start with yesterday and then do today.
We were all invited to Walker's after meeting for Ham lunch. A pot-luck affaire. Shannon made a new style ham dressing; mixing whipped cream with Dijon mustard. I'll need to get used to it. I hear it plays well in Aberdeen.
Dave and Gwen expect number three this Fall. Madeline is three and Evan just turned two. He has quite the nonsense vocabulary. Unless you are with him in his 'moment' he'll rattle on for a while, entirely expecting you to respond! He is very much a Host. He will pull out little chairs (when he is supposed to) for the girls and ask them to sit. Comment on their plate-fulls, remarking on the difference.
Jim and Lorraine left today for a bus-tour of New York. Ithaca and vicinity. It was nice to see them. He sent fresh corn on the cob to Hayhoe's for me. Apparently he is quite the farmer; he'll plant his sweet corn up wind of his feed corn to limit cross-pollination.
Can't forget Dorrie! How sweet she is. Thanked me for your greeting. I was able to mention you all to Jim and Mary-Jane as well. Jim left this morning for the cottage, taking the two younger boys. They'll work on the buildings and such, doing repairs, fishing and having more lake fun.

P.S. check out www.hayhoehomes.com to see what keeps Will busy all day.

4 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

I got gramma good and tired today. We grabbed some more fabric from your shop and shared a sandwich at Quiznos. Then we swung by home to water the plants and stopped in at JoAnn's. Back at Chuggy Pepper's she drank a large glass of water and felt much better. She is worried about her "ears".

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Kedge said...

She didn't find them in my purse? I thought they were there. I remember putting the there. I'll find them when I get home.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Full of aches and pains this morning but happy we were able to get so much done. Have decided not to water the stupid tomato plant any more. Moved the avocado to the patio. I'm not going to continue the double pinwheel class. I don't really like the pattern and it's just too much. Will work on Kathy's wall hanging and the quilt for Carolyn. JL & I have taken the large navy print and matched it with lime green and soft blue for the chains. See you soon. Bobby misses you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home