Monday, August 14, 2006

Corolla




My new Toyota. I like this shot with Sook and Keliweli the best. Yes, she is standing up straight and I am that short. It was all-day-meeting yesterday. A really nice time. John Ruga had the address, he spoke on Shimei...a good word... if it weren't for Jailgy, who had to behave; she rolls her eyes or squeezes them shut (and I don't help either, sliding my eyes her way ) at his rampant mis-pronunciations. I told her he was an engineer and to him each letter has the same value. This made it worse, especially at Zer-ru-eye-ee-uh. Sorry John, it's the curse of a mother with an English Degree. We spoke proper english from the cradle, except in Hawaii and I think mom couldn't wait to escape that English curdle-ing culture! (serves me right. My spell check won't work tonight.)

Seriousy now folks, he really doesn't have professional model training. You might think so, but he doesn't! I just dragged him out of the meeting room to stand by my car. He bought mine for college which started today.

7 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new car!

In our family reading, I look up the hebrew pronunciation in Strong's and read the names that way. Did you know that Nathaniel is Netinyahu?

That gives us permission to butcher the English mis-written version of the names, without shame.

be good

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Hooray! You got a new car! Now you can drive up to vist. Soon.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger HotRodHanna said...

Ooooo! very spiffy! Can't wait to see it!

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! like your car!! are you going to let me drive it??

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

I approve.

Now, D's hair... that's another story.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Captin Dan said...

You need to use spellcheck ....it's "Gorilla" not Corolla!!!! Duuuhhh!!! Little Blue Car.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

You and me (I?) and SAJ should drive down the road together. We'd be so patriotic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home