Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Back in The Saddle

Yep, I'm home.
I don't know why I can't get the photos to show from my last post? Maybe it's this dinosaur of a lap-top? It's three years old after all. hmmm.
I went right to work on Thursday morning. Right back to the 'To-Do Rack'. It was good to see lots of work to do, good to have it to come home to. I didn't miss too many phone calls; Chuggy monitored the answering machine and the messages. Business tends to slow down in August so it's a good time to be away.
I had a beautiful time in Canada. I saw lots of old/good friends, spent time with #1 Friend, saw a little of St. Thomas, shopped for souveniers and found lots of 'Oh, Canada' memorabilia. It was after Canada Day after all. Most of it was on the clearance racks. Hooray! The hats were a hit!
Surprisingly, I had a little jet-lag. This old frame is feeling every bit like it's nearing the half century(!) mark. Used to be we could zip around forever, like leaving the Bay Area after school on a Friday, driving to Burbank, and then turning around and driving home after Gospel, go to school that very Monday morning. I think that had been an eight hour drive back then? Anyway, it has taken a while for me to feel re-adjusted. Besides, I neglected my two mile morning walk while away. I sure could tell!
Teaching Clementine (we sang about the forty-niner) was a wonderful experience. She was an eager learner, bright and enthusiastic like Josephine was at that age. I'll do it again in a flash. The objectives were perfect, the end result quite satifactory. I owe a lot to Chuggy who helped me organize, prioritize, and plan. She's a planner, that one!

4 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger ioi said...

Yay!!!!! It's good to see you back! I replied to your comments about the salmon recipe on my blog. :)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I remember those drives! I can hardly believe we did it and survived. But our social life with the "meeting kids" had top priority--over school, work and any other responsibility.

I'm glad your sewing class was a hit. I think you should consider Saturday classes locally.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

She can't have class until I clean up after the shoppe raiders. I think we made a mess of her neatly stacked stacks. Don't worry, Kedge, I will get there.

Party at the Last Resort!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

This teaching bit would not have been possible without the gallant efforts of sibling RJAB. Much of the organizing was done and bagged by her, making it much easier for KJA to do a great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home