Friday, July 14, 2006

Lassen

I was here on Tuesday...I find I need a few days to recover from my vacation. I just didn't have the energy to spend time blogging. Sorry. I have had a few thoughts running around in my head, mainly how few pictures I took! It was a fabulous time. It was an encouraging time. I feel very blessed in my portion. As the Apostle said "...she is happier if she so abide." I had the resposibility of a delightful cabin of 14-15 year old girls. So much life. So much promise. Our discussions at night were enlightening as well as hilarious. I asked them to pay attention at the meetings as I would give each a moment to let us all know what they found new, or remarkable, or suddenly understood. It was certainly humbling. They all have the most refreshing perspectives. They love the stories, especially those that help them to relate to the topic. They love the challenge, that the speakers don't treat them like children, teaching them like children. I think it's appropriate that they feel included and encouraged. It helps them grow in their faith. Somebody cares about the health of their souls, somebody wants them to prosper.
I have many memories, sweet as well as thorny. There are always late nights, giggles, hoots, and tears. Questions, conflicts, smiles, complaints. I was the first up in the morning and (usually;)) the last asleep. I tip-toed through their suitcases, sneakers, hot-button topics. I trust I will leave a good mark on their lives. I told them my Angel story (another post)and listened to their (often enlightening) banter. I could tell which had faithful parents, which had stony paths, which had learned to 'give every man an answer.'
I thought of Josephine on her birthday. I have a note-book of hers which she wrote in 15 years ago, of her week at Lassen. You'll get it in the mail soon, sweetheart. I think you'll be pleased.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

Thank you! I can't wait to read it!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Looks like you are teaching them the difference between brotherly love and divine love. Good job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home