Friday, July 14, 2006

Grandma's coming home (for good this time)

Grandma has had a good recovery. She has spent the last weekend (Saturday morning-Tuesday morning) at LadyBug's. She thought that she would be able to be alone at home on Tuesday, so we brought her here. It'd been three weeks since she'd slept in her own bed. Uh Oh. Maybe not yet. She still needs a bit of help with meals, she's not able to prepare and serve herself lunch alone. She thus went back on Thursday morning when I went to work. I'll go get her tonight. Chuggy will come make her lunch every day that I am @ work, spend some time with her. The visiting nurse gave her a passing grade yesterday. No more Physical Therapy. No more Respiritory Therapy. Hooray! We will walk every day, work up to swimming, limit the sodium, (groan) and keep in constant contact. She'll need the walker for a while longer, then only out of the house. I'll have the home-health-care worker help me with laundry and cleaning.
I am so very grateful to all of you for your support, comments, thoughts, hugs, and prayers. I did feel torn about leaving her last week and I do recognize that I am not alone in this. It has been restful for me to know of your contributions, your wish for my well-being, for me to know of your continued blessing. Thank you. 'The Lord bless you and keep you...the Lord make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace.'

5 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

Yay! Grandma is getting better! Time for some blog writing therapy I think!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Everyone needs a break now and then, even you. I'm glad you went and it sounds like you had a profitable time.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

It was good to see you at Lassen. I'm hope you had a relaxing time and hope you were restored (physically!). But didn't those girls keep you up at night, all night?

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

see earlier post...I closed the connecting door on the last night. I think I had a few of Kerry's girls, maybe 13 or 14 at the last count, lined up like hot dogs in a package.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Check jailgy's blog.I speed read and miss the important points of info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home