Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Alot of Sit-Upon to Fall Upon

You might think that I have nothing to say and then lots and lots to say...it's true. I can go for days and have not a thing to blog and then, two days in a row! Beware, you might not hear from me again until next week.
As you know, Mom is alone during the day, alone with Bobby. Sometimes he is patient about his 'business' and other times he isn't. This afternoon was a hurry-up time. He barked and woke her up from her nap. She thought she was centered in her bed and came to discover she wasn't. As she sat up, she realized too late that she was near the edge of the mattress. With a thump she landed on the floor.
"I have a lot to land on," she says. She calls it her boom-bossitty.
"Don't worry, I'm not hurt. The reason I called you was to make you laugh. I fell between the bed and my dresser. (a narrow place, about 30" across) with my back to the nightstand. I couldn't get purchase any way I tried. To the side or to the back. I was too close to the nightstand to lie down and roll-over and too low to grab the top edge of the dresser. I scooted to the end of the bed, one cheek at a time, kept going until I was clear and lay down, rolled over and got up on my knees. The whole time Bobby was perched on the bed watching with his head cocked to one side, so bewildered.
How patient is that?

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Whoo hoo! You should call your blog "Perils of Pauline's Mother"!!

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Falling is not funny when it happens but is often funny in retrospect. Papa once fell and wedged himself in between the tub and the toilet. Couldn't get his pants up either, I believe.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

Grandma is a crack up.... "cheek by cheek". She would totally say that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home