Sunday, June 25, 2006

Yellow Submarine

Mom is comfortably resting at a very blue-chip nursing facility. The only one with beds available last night, apparently. Some places don't have administrators/admittance officials on the weekends. Imagine that! She was worried, of course, about the cost, so I looked at her co-pay manual and it appears that it is $0 for up to 20 days. I called her right away so she could relax and heal. I told her that the Lord wanted her here, He arranged it so. It's a really nice place! Actually right next door to Rapunzel and super-chick's apartment building complex.
Mom said that the cradle-gurney that the paramedics put her into was shaped like a submarine. And it was yellow, to boot! And that the driver was the worst-of-all-drivers...low man on the totem pole, I guess. Hit every dip and pid ("bump" in Hemet-ese)at full speed. She left the hospital at 6:30pm on the dot. We (myself and Chuggy Pepper) had gone @ 4:30pm to gather her personal items, took them to the new place and set them up. ie; flowers, balloon, slippers, robes and nightie, C-PAP breathing machine, glasses, books, etc. The nurses at the hospital said to not depend on the transport staff to remember everything, better do it yourself. We then drove up to Altadena for the Lassen Prayer Meeting (and feast). LadyBug and Jailgy were there to meet her when she arrived. Snickers, Josephine, and Baby Bug, too!
Then they all went to Applebee's for supper.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger HotRodHanna said...

Hope she is settled in and feeling better! Keep an eye on the staff, dont let them slack on anything. If she needs a service for the trip home, I used to work for Special Care Transport,,, and they are pretty strict w/their drivers. I would recommend them.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

I've gotta call Mom. We've been so busy. Tell her I think of her all the time (and how I must call her!)And that I haven't forgotten her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home