Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sleepless Night

Grandma isn't any better, in fact she's in the hospital this morning. When I came home from work, she was confused and still exhausted. I tried to make her supper, no thanx.
She didn't want anything but her thingy, the stuff that, you know, the box.
"What's in the box?"
The things. I had it this morning. Is it here?
"Do you remember where you left it?"
I was in the kitchen. I need to go to the bathroom. Have you talked to your sisters today? I need my...what is it I need?
"Do you mean your pills?"
Yes, my pills.
"Here they are on the counter. Just two. Can you tell me what this one's for?"
I take it for the...stuff. You know when I...need to take it.
"How about the little one. Do you know what it's called?"
It's called...and I need to take it, too. It's important.
I asked her to stick out her tongue; straight as an arrow. "Do I need to take you to the doctor?"
I'm fine, just tired, I've had a big week.
I called Chuggy Pepper and told her I needed her help. We both were praying. Is this bad? Should we overrule her? She was so confused and weary, more than normal.
She continued to be incoherent and couldn't stand on her own so we decided to go, just to have her looked at, to be sure.
The ER doctor detected pneumonia in her left lung. Overnight it is. Intra-venous antibiotic, bed rest (as if).
I woke up with a headache

5 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger SAJ said...

I think Grandma is afraid of being her like her mother, so she's going off the other end. I'll be praying for you guys and that you don't tire out. Tell her I love her and I'm worrying about her too. You do a lot Kedge and she's so blessed to have you. The whole family is blessed that we have you taking care of Grandma so well.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Doesn't sound good. Is Mom using her CPAP machine? Maybe she's not getting enough oxygen to the brain and that's causing her confusion. I'll pray too.

I know Mom does not want to be a burden on anyone. She doesn't feel she's worth it. Tell her she is, she is, she is. If she wants me to be there tell her I'll come. My intentions are NOW but I have to check with B.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger knitterykate said...

BTW - Thanks for being there for her and taking the burden for all of us.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Gliterwolf said...

Poor Antie :( Tell Nicki to rub your head for me and tell Gramma I love her. I love you too and thank you for taking such good care of her I know we all appriciate it.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Jailgy said...

Kedge, you don't know how much we all appreciate all that you do for Mom. I know it isn't easy and you get tired, too. It really is a labor of love. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home