Saturday, June 17, 2006

Bob Weaver

I have lugged my laptop into my bedroom and plugged it in to the wall socket in here...the lah-de-dah DSL double router has mega problems. We seem to be able to connect this and this but not this, this, and that. It doesn't help that the equipment is all of various ages. Jailgy is such a help and SO patient. She and beepbeep will come over on Monday and get to the bottom of it. It's nice to have problem solving bull-dogs in the family.
Yesterday was a long day. I took the day off from work so I could take Gramma to Bob Weaver's funeral. It was very nice, maybe 200 I think. Anyway, Evelyn was composed and warm. She has alot of family and friends, I would say about half of those attending. 'cleBill had a word as well as J. Ryan. Her daughter sang three verses of Bob's favorite hymn (which I can't remember) We had lunch in the picnic area by her home catered by Delores. Marvelous food: smoked meats, pasta with shrimp dressed with her fabulous basil/romano/olive oil sauce, her chock full salad that I can only begin to describe, potato salad with bacon CHUNKS, cut watermelon/pineapple/cantaloupe with strawberry-honey dressing. Anyway, Louise and Robin Haupt walked right by the buffet. They'd had a 'burrito' on the way up and weren't hungry!!! Imagine that? Who's not hungry when Delores is cooking.

3 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger knitterykate said...

Yum! Do you have the recipe for the pasta with shrimp? I'm making a pasta salad with chicken for AnneM shower. BORING!! Maybe I can substitute shrimp????

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger SAJ said...

Shrimps are bugs. Eeew.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Kedge said...

She used bow-tie pasta and slices of very thin red (bell)pepper. Her dressing is a blender mix of fresh chopped basil (a bunch), grated romano (.5 cup), honey (one or two tbs), garlic clove and fresh ground pepper. She drizzles in olive oil as blender is going to emulsify. exact portions? I'm not sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home